Friday, March 9, 2012

SeaWorld Field Trip

A friend of a friend of a friend... put together a group deal for Sea World. How it all worked out, I have no clue... all I know is that I heard the words SEA WORLD and $5 a person in the same sentence, and I said, COUNT ME IN!

I surprised my kids the morning of, by pulling them out of bed at 6:15 to get dressed. Both sleepy eyed they asked where we were going? And when I said to SEA WORLD and their friends were waiting outside in their cars ready to drive down, they were jumping off the walls in no time.

This was our fun little group of Western Momma's!

We went through the Turtle Exhibit, something I had never done before and it was awesome... maybe my second favorite thing at Sea World.
We spent all day. Literally ALL DAY. We arrived at 9 am. And left at 5 pm. Those are the hours the park opens and closes. Yeah, like I said... ALL DAY! The best part about it was....
a). The weather was PERFECT. Mid 60's and SUNNY.
b). We took out time. Our sweet sweet time going from one thing to the next. No rush. No running to get to the next show. We just enjoyed.
c). Friends. Friends. and more friends. Friends for me, friends for my kids. I loved it.
d). It's Sea World ladies and gents. Why wouldn't we spend all day at Sea World?
 The starfish were fun for the kids to touch. The sweetest worker that was speaking kept emphasizing "DO NOT TAKE THE STARFISH OUT OF THE WATER". Do you think Clara listened? NOPE. Everything, literally everything goes in one ear and out the next for that little girl. And then Jackson, oh my dear paranoid Jackson. He was scared to touch them. But he did! And was so excited, but was more excited to wash his hands after he was done... because that is what the announcer said to do... "WASH YOUR HANDS". Nothing gets past that boy, nothing.
*Could my kids be any more opposite?
We stopped and let the kids run out some energy. This piece of grass was amazing. Disney Land needs a spot like this! They played tag, tackled each other, and pretended to be sharks for almost an hour.
 These boys were SO excited to sit in the SPLASH ZONE at the Dolphin Show. Two of them didn't make it and went running to their momma after the first round of splashes came. Jackson stayed the whole show, and loved it. I wish I could have captured his smile when the splashes came his way. Oh well - it will forever be captured in my mind.

The dolphin show.... BLUE HORIZONS. My ultimate favorite. I could watch it 3 times a day, and I would love it more and more each show. It is incredible.

Oh Shamu. Not quite what it used to be when the workers could get in the water, but despite it all... these Orca Wales are quite amazing.
 Until you are splashed with something that looks like this... ha ha. Suckers.
*Thank goodness we were one section over. We were barely missed.... I would. have. died.
I loved this day. Good memories.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are such a fun mom and your kids absolutely adore you! Your such a great example to me.

Jenna said...

What a fun day! Those dolphins are amazing. I grew up thinking I would be a dolphin keeper. bet ya didn't know that. :)

is that the hot pink shirt from H&M? love it on you.