Saturday, January 7, 2012

La Jolla

My first time in La Jolla was for the So Cal Ragnar last year. I was amazed by how beautiful it was! So when we planned our trip to San Diego, I couldn't resist leaving a day to La Jolla.

The weather was PERFECT.

We started out towards downtown. We found "Seal Beach". Its a little cove where all the seals hang out. And then you can walk out on the walkway and watch the waves crash onto the rocks. It scared my kids, so we didn't stay long.

We then went to the cove and rode along the boardwalk. The kids on their scooters, Scott on his longboard...
 And me on my totally awesome rollerblades, the ones that I got for Christmas when I was in 8th grade. :) True Story.
Cruising.
The kids were sooooo excited to have BEACH TIME! It's been too long since the weather has been good enough for a beach day. We were all so excited to soak up some warmth and sun!

 Clara can never resist chasing the birds.
 Jackson loves his dad. He almost doesn't know how to play by himself when Scott's around. I love that Scott is such an active and involved dad. These kids are so lucky to have him.
 His sand castle and volcano - SO PROUD!

After the beach we drove home. La Jolla was our last day in San Diego and the perfect way to go out. Our little trip was so much fun. I love that we left the day after Christmas, and I love that it was just our little family of four.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I love that you are rocking rollerblades from 8th grade. Looks like a gorgeous day!

Jenna said...

This looks FUN!!! Dying over Clara in her 2 piece on that scooter. They look like they are at the best age!