This is Scott as the boat was heading out. I loved the morning clouds on the coast! Oh and by the way... IT WAS FREEZING!!!!!! Once we got going - the waves were insane! And we were at the front of the boat so we could fill every drop and all the cold water that came over the top! My poor friend, Leona was SICK SICK SICK... Scott was even a bit queasy, but he was able to hold his breakfast down :)
Fish bate.
I quickly learned my TOMS were not the best choice of shoes. They were soaking wet and covered in fish guts.
I think next time I will wear something more similar to these boots. It's a fashion statement... all the legit fishermen were wearing these. Maybe it will help me catch more fish too?
The Seagulls and Pelicans followed us the entire ride, and often would get hooked on some ones line when they tried to steal the bait. Luckily that never happened to me - I think the bird would have won that battle.
The weather was perfect. By noon it was sunny, warm, and peaceful. I loved it.
This was the port that we left from. It was just north of LA.
And here are the fish that we caught.
The barracuda is mine.
Ok.... just kidding. Not really. The barracuda was our friend Jed's (he is the real fisherman).
These are the fish that Scott and I caught. Commonly referred to as Rock Fish. Mine was a Red Snapper and a Mackerel. And Scott caught 2 Sugar Bass...
The Sugar Bass tastes the best, its not fishy at all. Then the Red Snapper, and last the Barracuda. The Mackerel is really just used as bait. I asked the deck had if I could attach it to my line and go for a shark... he just laughed.
I am so glad we did this. It was a stretch for our "Student Budget"... but we are going to keep our eyes out for Groupon Deals and definitely go again. It was awesome.
Oh - and did I mention that I was much better at tying my line than Scott? I have to gloat because its rare... Scott is better at everything.... ALWAYS. But not this time. I was proud. :)


5 comments:
What a cool adventure!
What does one do with a caught barracuda? I can't imagine eating it!
That looks like a blast! How fun for you guys. How fun to catch your dinner and eat it that night. :)
Heidi - We ate the Barracuda! It wasn't bad - but had a strong fish taste.
I am so glad you guys came along!!! Once my Dramamine kicked in I had so much fun! (Darn kids now make me motion sick) We will definitely have to do it again and you will catch more and THEN you will truly see how much fun it can be! So glad you had fun :)
Post a Comment