I have been way into finding new recipes. I cook something new almost every night. Most of which are vegetarian. I am not sure why, but meat has kindof been grossing me out lately. I have even experienced with a bit of tofu. Scott wasn't a fan of the tofu, at least when he knew he was eating it ;) And he keeps saying he needs more meat because he is a MAN. Ha ha. But I am the grocery shopper and the cook - unless he wants to take on those two tasks, he will eat what I make. OK OK, I am not that harsh. I still cook with meat at least 1x a week.
Working out?!? This one has been tough. I have had the hardest time getting into it. It makes it hard when I don't have a gym membership and Scott is rarely home for me to get out and go for a run. And when he is home, I never want to. I know that once I get a week into it, I will be back into my regular love for it - but until then...? I need some major motivation, anyone?
Scott is doing great. He LOVES school. Of course he is overwhelmed with quizzes and tests, but so far so good. He has officially been sworn into the Navy. It is weird to think what life will be like after dental school. My friend sent me a link about a Navy Dental Officer that was called out during his payback time. His wife was pregnant at the time, and of course had the baby while he was gone. He came home to a 4 month old baby... Can you imagine? Check out the video here of his return home and the first time seeing his baby girl.
Jackson is doing great. We went through a difficult time with him. He was acting out... mostly by peeing in weird places. Yeah - you read that right. I was finding pee all around the toilet, but never in. I would find pee all over the back of the toilet and down the sides, I finally realized that he was aiming at the back, and watching it trickle down like a waterfall. One time I caught him trying to pee into the sink. And the last time was in his bedroom, on the carpet... awesome right? I was totally shocked. But thanks to the great advice of my sister, Melissa (thank you thank you thank you). I sat down with him a couple days later and we had a special heart to heart. I got out all the junk food, and we colored. We talked about the move, the things he misses about UT, and what he likes about CA. That part was hard for me - I have been avoiding this conversation mostly because I didn't want to hear how he feels. It breaks my heart, and of course I miss UT too. But it was greatly needed, and I am so glad we did it. And since that little chat - I feel like I have my boy back.
Clara is hilarious. Seriously. She is so fun. I just want to freeze time with her. She calls Jack, Jackins. It's my new favorite. I can finally put her hair into pigtail buns, and it makes saying "no" to her practically impossible. She is obsessed with doing everything by herself. And I swear that she is ready to potty train... but am I? She is out of control at night when they go to sleep. She loves sleeping in the same room with Jackson, and because of it they rarely fall asleep before 9 pm.
I am hanging in there. Some days are good. Some are not so good. I do miss UT... I miss friends and family, but I am really liking it here. We have made some really great friends - seriously everyone has been so nice! Our ward is great, but for some reason Sundays always seem to be the hardest. I LOVE that it is September and we are still spending our days at the pool. But I am looking forward to the cooler days of winter, and I am thankful to be out of the snow.
Our weeks ahead hold alot of fun visitors and trips....
1. Nana Lisa comes to visit
2. Nana Richards and Grandma Rose come to visit
3. Candice comes out with the kids
4. Halloween
5. We go to AZ for Abbie's baptism
6. Thanksgiving! Papa Randall and Nana Catherine will be here. As well as Kristen and Garrett.
7. My parents are coming out for Christmas
8. We go to AZ for New Years
Anways... that is enough about us and our updates.
How to be an Answer to Prayer
1 year ago
1 comment:
Thanks for the update! xoxo
P.S. You weirdo vegetarian!
Post a Comment