Wednesday, September 29, 2010

LA County Fair

LA Fair....
Fun. Hot. Crowds. Animals. Rides. Walking. Strollers. Kids. Dirty. Fried foods. Walking. Snowcones. Games. People watching. Hot. Walking. Water. More water.

I make my kids carry their own snacks and water.... ok, not really. She is just obsessed with her purple backpack.
Jackson and Clara have been deprived of farm animals since we moved here. They were so used to our weekly visits to Cami and Judds house in Heber. She LOVED feeding the goats.This was her face every time the goat would eat out of her hand.
Bonnie was so funny with the goats... a little shy and nervous (not at all normal for her). I love her hand over her mouth.
Trying to give the goat a hug.
In the pen with the goats. We loved the hay, the smell, and the goat droppings under every step. Every mothers dream...?"I want this one. Please? But, cousin AJ has one for a pet?"
Bonnie.... again, a bit nervous. Maybe, ALOT nervous.
The best people watching.
I think we stopped at every one of these through out the entire fair.
Taking a break in the shade. IT WAS HOT.
Jackson was determined to go on this ride. It started out great. We were spinning so fast. He was laughing so hard, I was feeling a little sick. But the sound of his laughter was worth every spin. I thought we could try spinning the other direction. So I told him to grap the wheel and help me turn... it pulled him forward, and he got stuck between the wheel and the door. I grabbed him and pulled him out. Of course, it terrified him. He is fine, a little scrapped up and bruised on his shoulder. Suprisingly, he said he wanted to do it again.
A small glimpse of how much fun he was having.
Still a little scared of what happened. Fried. Fried. And more fried. Did I try any of it? No. Tempting? Yes. But worth the "ugh" feeling after? No.

I like the fair. I will go again. I will continue to pass on the fried foods. I won't try to make the ride spin a different direction. I will go with Scott and watch him play the games. I will go on a cooler day. I will spend alot of time with the animals again. I will go with good company (that's you Emma). I will not take kids to the trains... those whistles almost made me cry. I might wear tennis shoes. I will not wear flip flops. And... ok ok, I might give in to a fried snickers bar.

2 comments:

Cami and Judd Sweat said...

that looks so fun. much better than our fair here. Glad the kids are still friendly to farm animals. and Clara looks so cute with her purple back pack.

Lea Tame said...

You are so good to go by yourself! I'd be intimidated with just Joshua!