Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Weekend Update

Nana Lisa came to visit last week. Scott's sister Kristen was induced on Monday for her first baby. Luckily for us, but not so lucky for Kristen, she didn't have the baby until Wednesday. That meant Lisa spent more time at our house! The kids loved having her all to themselves.

Monday: Lisa reading stories for Jack before bedtime. Tuesday: We went to cookie cutters for Jack's first official hair cut. Usually I just do it myself, but it was so long I didn't know what to do with it. Clara loved climbing in and out of every car there. But of course this pink one was her first choice.
Jackson picked the motorcycle and watched Tarzan while the nice lady trimmed him up. This was so fun -- and so worth it -- pretty sure we will be back.
Wednesday: Wesley Wayne Fuller arrived! Congratulations Kristen and Garrett. This little boy is lucky to be brought into your family.
While Kristen and Garrett were in the hospital we watched Duke. Jackson and Clara love him. Jackson loves taking him outisde to go to the bathroom, and Clara loves to pull and poke. Thankfully duke is used to kids being around and is extra tollerant of the little toddlers.
Thursday: We went to the Dinosaurs at Thanksgiving Point with Jessie and Brody. I took this pic of Clara and can't help but notice how quickly she is growing up.
What would an afternoon of fun be without all smashing into the same car? These kids love spending time with eachother. They are basically cousins.
My kids were not allowed into the hospital to meet baby Wesley. Jackson was sad and didn't understand why not. He just kept telling me... "but I am not sick"! So when we finally got to Kristens house - he was super excited to beable to hold this little guy.

As we drove to Kristens house for the first time, we of course had Duke (the dog) in the car bringing him back home. As we were driving, I said to Duke...

Me: Duke, you get to meet your baby brother

Jack: Is the baby a dog or a human?

Me: (Laughing inside). Its a human.

Jack: Did Duke come out of Kristens tummy too?

Me: (Laughing even harder). No. Duke came from a doggy's tummy. *I then I continued on with dogs are from dogs and humans are from humans... so on and so on.

I love Jacksons wandering mind. He thinks pretty deep, and asks me alot of questions. I like it. I like teaching him about the world... and I love hearing his perception of how the world works.

3 comments:

Zach and Katie Hillstead said...

andrew keeps saying over and over again he wants a hair cut after looking at your pics:) love cookie cutters!! we miss you guys! when i got the wax night email today i was so sad! we will be back in june for a couple days so hopefully we can all play at the park or something!

Jessie and Taylor Miller said...

i love that photo of the kids in the car! I hadn't seen that one before-it must have been taken when i was searching in vain for brodys lost shoe:(
that jack story is hilarious! i love that kid!

D MONKEY said...

McCall-your sis in law Kristen is married to Garrett Fuller. I grew up with the Fullers in Bakersfield and was really good friends with his sister Kacee. Our families are actually good friends and I am shocked at how small the world is!! Even smaller when you blog stock and find out things like this! My maiden name is Mandelaris and Garrett will definitely know my brother jason Mandelaris. Tell them we said hello!!

Danielle