Thursday, December 11, 2008

Hello Toilet!

I think it's safe to say that Jack is officially potty trained!
He caught on to the whole pee thing really quick - in less than a day he was telling me that he had to go pee. It was pretty exciting. But the whole "log" thing - was a little tricky. It had been about 2 weeks, and I could not get him to go on the toilet... only in his pants, yuck! I knew he wasn't scared of it coming out of him, I knew he wasn't scared of the toilet, and I knew that once I could get him to do it just a few times he would catch on... but I could not figure out what was going to get him there for the first gew times.

We bought LOTS of treats and toys, I even started taking his favorite toys away from him. I tried spider-man underwear and told him that Spider Man would be sad if he pooped on him... nothing worked. I was quickly loosing control with him.

One morning, he went first thing in his pants... I was frusterated. I told him I was not going to change him and he had to sit in his poop. (Not literally sit, but just hang out in his yucky pants for a while). He freaked! He has always hated having to hang around in dirty pants... so HELLO... why did I not think of this before??? The rest of the day and the next I told him if he went in his pants he would have to sit in it. It worked like a charm... by the end of the nex day he was going in the toilet, and the next day in the toilet, and the next day and the next.

Halelujlah! He is trained... poop, pee, and even stays dry through out the night!

1 kid down... 1 more to go... but not for a while longer.

3 comments:

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

Way to go! That is a HUGE accomplishment! Good job Jackson!

Amanda said...

WOW! That wasn't too bad. Millie just started staying dry through the night! Go Jackson!

Steph said...

Wow. Wow. Wow. All I can say is, I'm jealous. We've been working on it forever. I've given up all hope. Good job Jackson!! I've never made her 'sit' in it...maybe I'll try it. :)