Friday, December 12, 2008

Ups & Downs...

We all have our days, weeks, and months. Those times that we are feeling down and depressed, hurt and offended, sad and alone. Well - mine was last week. It was a hard week, a really hard weekend, and a terrible Sunday morning. I can't quite put my finger on what was bringing me down... really it was a combination of a lot of things... things that I don't feel like going into. But I woke up Sunday morning feeling quite sluggish and very negative. I tried playing the Lillies of the Field from the Tab Choir... sadly it got me nowhere. Usually this CD always works - I keep it in my car and play it for the little moments or days that I might have and it instantly cheers me up - but this time - it failed. I slowly got ready for church, I think I thought if I took too much time, Scott might let us stay home... it didn't work. Clara even tried spitting up all over me as we were walking out the door - but I was lovingly forced to quickly change into something clean so that we could get to Fast and Testimony Meeting.

As we walked into the Chapel, I was instantly filled with the Spirit. It was incredible. All of the down, hurt, and sad feelings were gone. I felt inspired to bear my testimony... I did. Joy continued to fill my heart and those negative feelings were pushed out as the rest of the day progressed.

This past week I have been overwhelmed with happiness and joy. I have had a fantastic week. Each day has been filled with something exciting. I am blessed with so many wonderful friends that care about me, an amazing family that supports me, adorable kids that fill my day with smiles and laughter, and the most incredible husband that carries me through my toughest times. I LOVE the ward that we have moved into. Everyone is so inspiring to me in different ways.

Thank you to all of you that made this week as good as it was. Alicia and Amanda I have had so much fun hanging out with you and letting our kids play together. Steph Jones you are so fun to have as a neighbor and I think our projects turned out adorable!!! Everybody that came to my house and did Micro's it was so fun seeing all of you - I hope your skin feels lovely! Candice you are such a great sister, and thank you for all the Christmas music - my house is always blasting the carols! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!! I had so much fun spending the day with you. You are the best and I am so grateful for all your advice. Scott you are not home much, but thank you for all your hard work to support our family, thank you for the weekends that you let me sleep in, thank you for not caring about the lack of dinners that have been prepared, and thank you for you.

I love you all.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

We all have those times and it is good to hear how you were able to be lifted and strengthened! Hope all is well my friend!

Steph said...

I love how honest you are. We all have days like this, but rarely do people talk about them. Thanks for being real-I think it's uplifted a lot of people...me for one.

Richards Family said...

thanks for spending my day with me,too. mccall. it meant alot. scott is a great husband (I know he thinks he's my favorite son in law) and he knows you so well. dad and i are so glad you found each other. hang in there. life is full of ups and downs, some lasting longer than others, but things have a way of always getting better.