Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Joy School

I have Jack in a Co-Op Joy School Group. Basically there are 6 kids and each week we rotate dropping the kids off at each house. When the kids are at your house you are in charge of planning the day out. I had the kids at my house Thanksgiving week. We had a lot of fun talking about what they were thankful for, what Thanksgiving is all about, the pilgrims and the indians, and what kinds of food you have at a feast. Reminder: these kids are all in the 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 range - you have to keep things simple, and short!
We made indian hats that said, "I am Thankful for..." and then each feather said something that they each had mentioned. Some of the things were... spiderman, the color pink, carrots, grapes, toys, trucks, mommy's and daddy's.... it was really funny watching them try to come up with what they were thankful for.

We also made Turkey's with their hands. They loved having the paint on their hands and then seeing it transfer onto paper.

I know I am about a week late on this - but Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Steph said...

McCall-I am SO behind. But, I had to go and read from where I last left off on your blog. Cute Thanksgiving crafts. I am jealous-I wish someone here would do a joyschool with me! I need to just start one...