Wednesday, October 22, 2008

"You Out Making Money?"

Scott usually comes home for lunch every day. And every time he leaves, Jack gets sad and asks him not to go. One time Scott said, "but daddy has to go make money so we can pay for things". That was pretty much the end of the conversation and Scott left to go back to work.

Yesterday Scott called home to say hi, and this is what happened...

The phone rings...
Jack starts yelling, I wanna talk I wanna talk...
I see that it is Scott, so I let Jack answer...

Jack, "Hi."
Scott, "Hey Jackson."
Jack, "You out making money?"
I grabbed the phone and said, "did you just hear what he said?!?"

Scott and I could not believe it. We were shocked that he had actually picked up on what Scott had said the other day. He is starting to be a really perceptive little guy - it's crazy!

Ha ha. We will be laughing at this for a while. At least he understands that you have to work to make money.

4 comments:

Nikki said...

That is SO SO funny! I love the things kids say.

DA pages said...

Wow! you guys have been busy! I can't believe how big clara is already she is soo sweet! I can't wait to have one of my own! It looks like you guys had a blast at your fam reunion! I miss you guys so much! We really need to get together sometime! Oh yeah, clara's blessing gown is soo beautiful!

Ashlie said...

Oh mc! I can't believe you've been married this long! The time flies by so dang fast. You two are the cutest couple with the two cutest (and smartest) kids. How fun was that comment J said about making money! Love it.

The Stevens said...

ha ha ha ha so cute!!!