Sunday, July 1, 2007

LAKE POWELL

This past week was sooo much fun! We went to Lake Powell with my family and some of their good friends from Heber. I have not been to Lake Powell for the longest time. We had a blast water-skiing, wakeboarding, surfing, cliff jumping, eating the best food in the world, and getting tan!

* Try to notice what Scott did to his hair... special... just for the trip. Should I still claim his as mine?



The cliff jumping was awesome... a few of us were brave and went off a 45 foot cliff... ahhhhh! Of course Scott being the diver that he is pulled a back flip off it, twice. We also both jumped off together. It was such a rush - our feet were so hot on the rocks we just went for it. I didn't even have time to think or check out the distance. It was insane! The other smaller ones (about 10-30 ft) were fun too. Pretty much everyone was out there. Even the little 5 and 7 year olds!



For some reason every time I jumped off a cliff I would plug my nose. I have never been a nose plugger, but I guess I am now?



The video really does not do this cliff justice. It was so dang high - so high that your whole body aches when you hit the water. I have been of the 10 meter platform for diving - that doesn't even compare to this. It was crazy!
I believe this will become a new summer tradition for my family. I loved every second of it, and Jackson did great! I am already looking forward to next summer.

9 comments:

Heidi said...

So fun! My fam is going omn a few weeks and this got me pumped. I love having it as a summer tradition, glad you guys are making it one ;-)

Ashlie said...

Way fun! I haven't been to Lake Powell for 2 years, I want to go!! It is so fun. Loved the pictures/videos.

The Roe Family said...

help i misspelled something and i don't know how to fix it. check out my blog tell if you can spot the mistake

Unknown said...

Looks like you had so much fun. I love Lake Powell and can't wait to go with some friends in August! Isn't living in your swimsuit the best?

Grace Ryan said...

looks like you guys had a ton of fun! i love your slideshows. I can't believe you guys jumped off those cliffs! Can't people die from those? I'm glad no one got hurt. You are so cute how much you love the lake.

The Roe Family said...

i spelled favorite wrong and i don't know how to change it. oh well and how do i add music? we are trying to talk mike's family into goin to powell next year and everytime i visit your blog it makes me want to go that much more.

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

How fun! The videos are awesome! I can't believe Scott shaved his head!!!! Is it still mo-hawk style? That's my crazy brother for you! We miss you guys and hope you are doing good in Utah. Jackson looks adorable and I love his swimsuit.

Unknown said...

do you suggest trying houseboating there? I just got an e-mail from the marina, and Wahweap is “guaranteeing” CRC will open. If not a free day and a big gas credit. Have you heard of this?