I figured I better document at least one of Clara's tantrums. They happen multiple times a day. Usually they only last a minute or so, and then she is quickly on to something else. Other times, they go on and on and on... and that means NAP TIME.
This recent one happened to be in the bath time. She was gulping and
coughing on the water - but still refused to ease up. The reason? I turned the water off. Rude right?

She throws things when she gets mad. It could be a plate of food, a toy, a cup of juice... really, it's whatever is in her hand at the time. This time - it was the closest thing to her in the tub - the binoculars.

And then she usually hits at the air... with this really MAD face.

So what did I do next (besides continue to take pictures, ha). I got her out. And of course, that lead to more tantrums.

After clawing at the door - she ran her naked little buns into my room and threw herself to the floor. Very Dramatic. Very Intense.
I then wrapped her kicking body up in towel, and did my best to get her diaper and PJ's on with out having to use bru
t force to hold her down. We turned off the lights, turned on the sound machine, grabbed her baby and blanket and rocked in her chair for
ummm 30 seconds... she really wanted nothing to do with me, comfort of a mom? please... she wanted the comfort of her bed. Great. Fine. Have what you want. I love you sweet girl (
ok, not so sweet)... GOOD NIGHT.
6 comments:
oh my goodness this kills me! i have never laughed harder at one of your posts! this is not the sweet girl i see everyday!
Dave and I died laughing!!! I was wiping away the tears just to keep reading. The heart on the bum is awesome! Love that girl! She and Jetta have a special bond! :-)
I love the heart over her little bum. I laughed so hard.
I don't see it... I see sweet little Clara everyday at the park just eating away. haha
Oh Clara. No more tantrums. Give your mommy a break! She looks cute throwing those McCall.
Too funny, although I feel for you!
Post a Comment