When I was a little girl my mom always made St.
Patrick's Day very special. Green breakfast, freckles, green clothes, green lunch, and of course the day ended with an Irish dinner. My great grandfather is Irish and if you know my family you know we are all very proud of our heritage! So of course, the traditions that my mom did with us, I have willingly carried on with our family.
The night before we made a
leprechaun hat trap!
*Thank you Jessie for supplying me with the idea and the oatmeal can. What would I do with out my favorite neighbor!?!

We set the trap and en-twined green string everywhere hoping he might get stuck!
Unfortunately when we woke up, the
leprechaun was no where to be found - but lots of yummy treats replaced his tiny little green body.

Jackson. Clara.
Keagan (our neighbor... that most days is part of the family)

Jackson and Clara. This was the one and only shot I could get of these two little green kids. The weather was beautiful and they were anxious to get out and enjoy it!

Later that day we made a trip to Costco. Feeling the "holiday" spirit, I caved and we walked out with a frozen yogurt and
churro. The goods were well worth the messy faces and sticky hands.

Jackson was messing around in the car. Of course his playing is finished off with....

Clara pulling his hair. If only he could remember the same obsession he had of pulling his cousins hair...?

Well... I have to admit... our day did not end with our traditional Irish dinner. We had the corned beef and cabbage on Sunday and since the Leprechaun left us the Lucky Charms we decided to eat that for breakfast and I was going to do the green breakfast for dinner. But when Scott got home he told me the green food coloring kind of grosses him out... well great! What was I supposed to do? I left dinner up to him and went to the gym. Ha (oops, sorry mom, please don't judge). *oh - and his dinner was hot dogs.
6 comments:
Fun Day! I was at Costco too, I was the girl in purpe while everyone else was in green! Kind of forgot about the day when I got dressed!
That's pretty funny about the hair pulling. I will never forget that trip down to AZ when Abbie's hair was pretty much wrapped around Jackson's hands the entire trip. (I don't think Abbie will ever forget it either, ha ha) Did you get my email?
hey mccall! it's liz! so our blog is robandlizjones.blogspot.com .. i am going to add you to my blog ! i need to start blogging more reguarly on both blogs .. oh and i am glad you left and came to the gym! sorry about the first class, let me know me this week if you are coming to both! i won't leave!
it looks like you guys had so much fun! I love that you did the leprchaun trap! How clever. Clara is looking so much like you!!! I miss your kids.
Thanks again for last year!!!
i'm so happy that you've chosen such great traditions to pass on to your family. "Bah" on Scott. Glad you celebrated! i love being irish!
McCall you are always doing the coolest stuff with your kids, I love getting ideas from your blog. Clara's hair is so adorable!! It's so dark, I LOVE it!! Can't believe Jackson is like a full on kid now. Crazy crazy!
Post a Comment