Thursday, October 1, 2009

Autumn....

What is so great about Autumn?

The smells. Scentsy Candles. Baking delicous treats. Watching movies during the day. Sewing fun projects. Decorating for Halloween. Halloween Parties. Carving Pumpkins.

LOVE IT!!!!
Currently I am burning Home Sweet Home from the Scentsy collection. Its good, although I would have to say that I like Welcome Home a little more.

I have yet to break out the cupcake pans, and baking recipe books... But I can't wait! Watch out neighbors... I will be visiting freaquently.

Right now Scott is out of town. Jack is at school. Clara is in bed. My house is clean. What does this mean? Chick flick time. One of my favorites... How To Loose A Guy In 10 Days.
Tomorrow I am doing a sewing day with my mom and sisters. We will be creating all sorts of goodies. I have already been to the fabric store and can't wait to sit down with my mom and learn all sorts of new tricks! She is so talented!

(This is one of my favorite links to get ideas from).

The Halloween Decor is not up yet. I think I will do that on Monday for FHE. It will be so fun to have Jacksons help deciding where to put everything.

Halloween parties. I am still trying to figure out what to dress my family as. Jackson of course wants to be a super hero... which I am sure there is no changing his mind. I would love to match Clara to him... but who knows if I will take the time to plan it out. As for me and Scott. Ugh. I am at a total loss. Any ideas?

Carving pumpkins is always so fun. My favorite part is eating the pumpkin seeds afterwards. We will probley go to a patch to pick some out. I am sure I will have tons of pictures, Jackson already freaks out everytime he see's the pumpkins at the grocery store. I might give something like this a try this year:
Hoo-ray for Autumn.

If you have any fun traditions, crafts, treats, or smells that you love... please share!!!!

5 comments:

Keri Cannon said...

Love fall...don't love winter. I need to be more crafty. Do you know anywhere that teaches sewing or anything like that?

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

Oh girlfriend I currently have the Williams and Sonoma MULLING SPICES burning. I have been hooked to them for the last 3 years...I STILL HAVE YET TO SMELL SOMETHING YUMMIER!!!! And the smell fills your whole house as you burn them on the stove.
As for crafts...I'm not crafty at all and make no time to make anything so I can't help you out!! Wait! NEVERMIND! Yes I can!! I just bought a whole bunch of holiday stakes from one of my friends that sells these for less than 1/2 the price a local boutique sells them for. They are SO.MUCH.FUN and the most darling things ever. They go in your front yard, but you can even make bouquets of them in a little or big planting pot. Here's her website...enjoy!
www.holidaysmademagic.com
How are dental apps coming? What's the latest?

The Roe Family said...

don't mean to be debbie downer but this fall is CRAPPY! But in 8months it'll get better! I really do love fall it's when we get outside.

DA pages said...

I LOVE autumn too! It is definitly my favorite season! I love the smells, the weather, and the sounds! (It seems like it is quieter in Autumn for some reason!) My family ALWAYS makes chili every year for Halloween and we watch Young Frankenstein! gotta love it!

The Fuller Family said...

I woke up this morning and just wanted to bake. I haven't actually done it but Fall does something to ya that make you want to be all domestic.