Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Clara's Birthday!

Clara turned 1 yesterday!
I can't believe a whole year has already gone by with my little angel. I hate that time goes by so fast....

Jack and I were up before Clara woke up so we decided to make her a "BIRTHDAY GIRL" crown. Jackson had one that he had made at church a few weeks ago and he wanted Clara to feel special too.When Clara woke up we all went into her room singing hAPpY bIrThDaY!!!! I think she was a little confused and didn't really know what to do.

The we crowned her with her BIRTHDAY GIRL crown and went downstairs for soem yummy waffles and strawberries.


That day we went to the Expo Center in Sandy and saw all the floats that are in the Utah Pioneer Day Parade. Last year I was in the hospital with Clara but my mom and sister took Jack and he LOVED it! So I was so excited to beable to go this year and see what all the excitment is about. It's free to get into and the kids love it.

Later that evening we did a little party with family at our house. I wasn't as organized as I ALWAYS am.... meaning.... I didn't have the cake decorated and I didn't know what I was going to make for dinner until about 1 hour before people were coming over.... ??? Usually I am a major planner and I know exactly what I am doing about a week before.... but oh-well, it all came together.

I ran to the grocery store, grapped a few items. Came home... chopped, cut, and diced and threw a little something in the oven.

My mom got there just in time to be the cake decorater. I picked up some frosting, the whipped pilsbury brand.... note to self: never buy again. It was like marshmallow fluff. But whatever, it worked. We did a strawberry filling inbetween the two layers, surrounded the cake with strawberry malt balls, and then my mom got creative with icing the malt balls with little dots. Half way through she realized something a little interesting about the "design" of the cake..... the malt balls look like "nipples", ha ha! We all got a good laugh out of it. It will now always be referred to as the "Nipple Cake". Thanks mom!Lots of fun presents for the Birthday Girl... Baby Laundry Blankets, clothes, flower clips, bath toys, play toys, a doll, etc. Lots of perfect little gifts for Clara! Thank you everyone!
Abby, Lillie, and Jack eating cake. Clara loved the cake. She loves her sweets, and didn't mind getting messy.

Happy Birthday Angel. We Love You.

4 comments:

The Stevens said...

Oh my, 1 already!! I am sorry that I did not call. I was sick and forgot. I am a lame aunt! That is an awesome cake even if there were nipples all over it! :-) I am glad that her party was fun and I wish we could all have been there!! Happy Birthday Baby Clara!!!!! We love you!

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

Happy Birthday Clara! You are one sweet and beautiful little girl! I love the crown picture and the nipple cake!

Richards Family said...

enough already with the "_ippl_" cake thing. i am totally embarrassed and will NEVER make that mistake again. we had a great time at the birthday party and love our little clara.

DA pages said...

Haha! I love the nipple cake! too funny! I can't believe Clara is one already! She is getting so big and still so adorable!