We wanted to go to the "Days of 47 Parade", but we were up way to late the night before and I didn't want to wake up my kids. So they slept in and we relaxed all morning.
Later that afternoon, we met up with Candice and her in-laws. They have a traditional Slip-n-Slide that they do every 24th of July and it is always so much fun. They set it up at a school, and use the schools water to run down the slide. Unfortunatley this year, someone must have caught on to what they were doing because the water was turned off..... bummer!
Despite the disappointment of the slip-n-slide, I still decided to spend the rest of the 24th holiday with the Neff family. We had a delicious BBQ (their food is always the best), and then we went to the fireworks show at sugar house. The fireworks were unbelievable!
The fireworks started off with a BANG! Literally! They were so loud! Clara and Jack were both terrified. Candice was covering Clara's ears for the first little bit.
Soon Clara calmed down and was in awe at all the bright colors in the sky.
These fireworks went on FOREVER!!!!! I kept thinking they were going to end.... but they just kept going and going. I think it was total of about 20 minutes.
Uncle Abo (adam), Jack, Candice and AJ.

Adam and Candice,
Thanks for always letting us tag along! We love the Neff family and all their crazy fun activities!
2 comments:
I don't know who the guy is in the background of that last pic, but he looks like he is about to moon you! I am way excited for you guys to go up to the River! I hope you have a blast! I will definitly tell my mom thanks!
Hey friend! Looks like you have been having a great summer.
I never knew this until I moved away from Utah but Pioneer Day is celebrated by Mormons everywhere. Obviously they don't get work off, etc, but it is a pretty big deal!
Post a Comment