Wednesday, May 21, 2008

My Life...?

Here are some random parts from my most recent days... and a few random thoughts inbetween....

1. Jackson spends most of his day in time-out (yes, I have a 2 year old). The other day I went to go get him out of his room and this is what I found.... He had gotten into some lotion that I had in a box in his room. Lesson #1: When a child moves to a bed and is no longer in his crib - you cannot keep anything... absolutley nothing in their room that they could get into. Lesson #2: When child is incredibly quiet - they are most likely doing something they shouldn't.

2. I try to go out on alot of walks. I usually walk about 2 or 3 miles. The other day I got lost and walked 4 miles. Pretty sure it was a little more than my preg body was used to, I was in a little too much pain by the time I was done.

3. Jackson got nailed right inbetween the eyes while out playing with the neighborhood kids. The bruise has slowly turned into a slight black eye. I think he looks like a tough guy with it.

4. My sister Candice is days away from having her first baby. She has had a couple showers so far and it has been so much fun watching her open all her fun gifts for her little one. She still does not know what she is having and i am so anxious to find out, I can't imagine how anxious she must be.

5. I am selling my Microdermabrasion machine. With a second baby on the way, I decided to be done working. I have it on Craigslist and have let a few Dr. offices know about it. I have had a few people interested but nothing has been set in stone. If you know anyone out there who might be - please pass the word along.

6. I am currently reading the book "The Host". It is Stephanie Meyers new book. It's a pretty good one. Nothing quite like Twilight, but still a good read.

7. Something weird about my child. He has an obsession with shoes. He absolutely freaks when he is not wearing his shoes. I think I could say he has a breakdown when he does not have them on. Somehow I get him to take naps and go to bed without them, but other than that, they are on first thing in the morning and they do not come off until he goes to bed. It is so bizarre.

8. This brings me to another subject about Jackson, shoes, and time-outs. Today I realized, just putting Jackson in his room for a time out doesn't really work. He could care less. And actually, I think he thinks its funny. So I tried taking away his dog that he sleeps with, that didn't work... I thought about spanking him, but then felt too guilty... so finally I decided to take away his shoes. OH MY!!! He went nuts! Can you believe it, his shoes? What is this kids obsession with shoes?

9. T.V. ... I just watched American Idol. I am glad that David Cook won. I have always liked him. But I loved "Little David" too. In fact, I don't think I would have cared either way. I can't wait for "So You Think You Can Dance", I love this one - even a little more than "American Idol". And how about "The Bachlorette"? Was that not hilarious! I loved all the geeky guys. I couldn't believe what some of those guys would do for her attention... come on... did they really think she thought any of that stuff was attractive?

10. I now have just 10 weeks left. I know is still along time, but I feel like once you get to 30 weeks, you can start counting down in weeks and that always feels good. So rather than saying, "I am 30 weeks preg", I can say, "I have 10 weeks left". It is a great feeling!

9 comments:

julie! said...

hello, you have been nominated for a family tag. Please see the Riley blog for details

The Stevens said...

Do I so ever know about time outs! Dave and I don't spank either.......I think Henry would be the kind of child to laugh in our faces and time outs work so well with him that we haven't needed to spank. We use a rug and he can not get off the rug that way he can be in time out under my supervision and see that I am enjoying myself while he is in miserable time out....works wonders. I love that you took a picture of the lotion head. So classic!

Unknown said...

Ahh..i want your micro machine. How much are you selling it for?? I need some details..you can email me at jennydannels@gmail.com or just write me on my blog. Good luck with everything!

Nikki said...

I'm so glad to hear someone besides me like The Bachelorette! You have to get Candice to start using her blog once that baby is born, which I hear might be today. Yay for you, only 10 weeks left. I hit the halfway mark on Sunday, so I guess we're only 10 weeks apart and it looks like you and Candice are too. How fun! Good luck with Jacks!

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

Hey McCall! I'm dying over Jackson with the lotion in his hair! I bet that has been so weird having him in a big bed! I can't wait to see you guys next weekend...we are going to have so much fun!!! Sea world is going to be a blast.

Ashlie said...

Love to read aoout you and the things you are doing. I'm loving the stories of Jack. He is a stud. I laughed out loud when I read this post. Fun!

Quinn & Dani Gooch said...

haha! I can totally relate to the time-outs. I can't believe you only have 10 weeks left. You will be having that baby in no time! I am so jealous that you are totally done working! Ok, so pretty much everyday from now til the end of summer I am taking Triston to the pool in the afternoon. Let me know if you feel up to it and we can go together. I bet Jackson and Triston would have so much fun together now!!!

Steph said...

Boy can I relate to number 1. Glad to know I'm not the only one struggling with this. Love this age. It's darling. :)

Steph said...

PS. More prego pics please. You're the most adorable girl and we want to see your adorable belly! :)