Monday, May 12, 2008

Bye Bye Crib....

It is that time... time for Jackson to leave his crib and move on to bigger things... a "Big Boy Bed". With baby #2 on the way and only 2 1/2 more months to go, we figured we better get him out of the crib and used to something new so that we have a place for the new little babe to sleep at night.

I took Jack to pick out some bedding and we talked all day about how when Dad gets home he would set up his new bed and how fun it was going to be. So Scott came home, started to set up the bed and realized that we were missing some of the parts to the bed. It was to late to call the company we bought it from so we layed him down in his crib and he went crazy.... he did not want to sleep in his crib. He kept pointing to the headboard of his new bed and saying, "No, that bed, I want that bed"! I had no idea he was really excited to sleep in his big bed. It was so sad. So that next morning I called the company and went and picked up everything we were missing. We got it set up for that next night and Jackson was finally able to sleep in his big boy bed.

Here he is... still excited about the thought of sleeping in a bed.
Here he is.... not so excited about sleeping in a bed. Ha ha.
All in all, things have gone pretty good. He still crys everytime he has to go to sleep, but he always has cried, I think it's his way of working out the extra energy. He doesn't get out of his bed at night, not even in the mornings. But nap time... that is a different story. I have had a really hard time getting him to stay in his bed and actually take his nap. The only I have gotten him to sleep is if I lay with him. Which some days I don't mind, but other days I have things that I would like to get done. I have heard that alot of kids drop their naps when they change to a big bed, unfortunately I think this will probley be the case with Jackson. It's slightly depressing, but it's gotta happen sometime, right?

11 comments:

R Family said...

We love you Jackson! You look so cute in your big boy bed...good job McCall! This is a hard transition.

Alifinale said...

I am so scared for that transition...especially giving up the nap. I think we will put it off a little longer. I love the picture of him crying in bed. So funny.

Amanda said...

Love the pictures! We had to put Millie in a big girl bed when we moved here and it was really hard for me to get her to nap..now this worked for me, but some may frown. I couldn't possible lose nap time I think I'd cry, so I would give Millie the choice to either sleep in her bed or lay on the couch. She always picks the couch but after she's asleep I move her to the bed. Sometimes I even let her sleep on the couch. If she didn't nap I think we'd both be a mess by the time 5 rolled around.

Dani said...

He looks so grown up in that big boy bed! I can't believe how close you are getting to having another one. That is so exciting! How are you feeling? You look phenomenal!

Ames Family said...

The bib boy bed saga was a nightmare for us! We kept Tate in his crib until he climbed out. It is still dissaster sleeping in the big boy bed because he comes out whenever he wants and ends up in our bed. Last weekend we switched the lock on his door so that he can't come out...and it has solved all the problems. I told him that his little dog has to stay in the big boy and can't come out. Tate even watched us swithced the door handle. I am so glad I did it! I unlock it once he is asleep in care he has nightmares though, I'm not that mean.

The Roe Family said...

what a big boy. it was hard for connor too. our stairs are dangerous so i was freaking out in the middle of the night so i put a baby proof thing on the inside of the door so he couldn't get out. he screamed for like a week and now he's the best sleeper.

Nikki said...

That sucks about the napping. Marshall dropped his when we switched too. But that's good he had a good transition.

Beach Hendersons said...

Hey girl...congrats on moving from crib to bed. How old is Jackson? We're going to start the process next month...but we're afraid that's going to eliminate his nap...eeek!

Ashlie said...

Oh, he is so sweet in his new big boy bed. I love it. Congrats Jack!

DA pages said...

Ohh! how cute a big boy bed! Well I guess I will see you tomorrow at the shower! it will be good to see you!

Steph said...

Oh I love how honest your posts are-so hilarious. Ava liked her bed at first too-then freaked. So funny!