Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Denver Trip

Last weekend my family went out to Denver Colorado. For two reasons... 1. My lil sis Cami graduated from massage therapy. Congratulations! I am so excited to have a massage therapist in the family, many many benefits come from this (if you can only imagine). 2. My sister lives there with her husband and 2 kiddos. So we were all able to hang out, do a lot of fun things, let the kids play together, and spend Easter as a family!
First, I have to say how proud I am of my little guy... he went swimming and not only enjoyed it, but LOVED it! Last year we had the hardest time getting him to even go near a swimming pool, and now we could hardly pull him away from it. We went every morning after breakfast and then a few different times on Saturday. It was so fun watching him laugh and splash around.
Jackson called this little floaty dolphin his boat. He loved it! He would even play with it in the hotel room.


He also loved the hot tub. When we would turn on the jets he kept calling it a bubble bath.

Our first day there we went to a place that Melissa calls the farm. It's that great educational place that is funded by the city, so it's free to get into (I wish Utah had free fun things to do with kids). But they have some indoor educational farming things to learn about, and then you go outside and they have a whole farm with lots of fun animals to look at and old school rooms to walk through.

We packed a lunch and had a little picnic before we went in. It was so fun to watch Jack and his cousin Henry play together. Of course, a trip is no trip with out a couple pictures of Adam and Miles finding something to make everybody laugh about. We were able to get really close to alot of the animals and Jack thought it was so fun. We fed the donkeys, the cows, the sheep... even though the signs said "do not feed the animals". Henry and Jack. That night was Cami's graduation. Here she is with some fellow graduates. Our future massage therapists. It was so fun to see how many people were there to support her. Everyone was there but Scott, his flight didn't come in until later that night. But minus Scott and Melissa and Daves kids (they were home sleeping), this was the whole clan. Scott was able to fly in and spend the weekend with us. While he was there we went to the Denver Zoo. Of course Jacks loved it. His cousin Henry knows it so well, he guided us to all the cool animals. By the end of the day we were all pretty warn out. You can see Jacks resting his chin on Scotts head, I think he could have almost fallen asleep up there.


Of course he always has to see every picture after it is taken.
Easter was so fun. We went over to Melissa and Daves before church and put together the Easter baskets and did a little egg hunt for the kids. I think Jackson understood looking for the eggs, but he kept wandering over to the slide to go down it again. Maybe next year putting eggs into a basket will be more exciting than going down the slide?Here is my adorable neice, Jetta. She is such a doll and it was so fun to see her and play with her. She is 1 year old, I think 1 year is such a fun age - they are learning and doing so many cute things. As you can see the whole trip was a lot of fun. I love spending time with my family and being out in Denver is always eventful! The drive out is about 8 hours, which is long, but much better than our drives to AZ. And Jackson suprised us all by doing great! Luckily he had this little guitar, and Barney and the Wiggles to keep him entertained!

11 comments:

Jessica said...

What a cute family, and Jackson is oh so handsome. I am so stoked for you to be having a girl. They are so much fun to dress up. Can't wait to see what she looks like.

Roberts Fam'ly said...

I'm so glad you were all able to be together. I hope the pregnancy is going well. I feel like I haven't seen your family forever!

The Toy Snob said...

Denver looks like so much fun! Hurray for little cousin buddies *)

Nikki said...

Shoot, I always forget to sign in as our family blog, sorry!

Quinn & Dani Gooch said...

That picture of Jackson in his "boat" is so cute. He looks huge! I can't get over how much older he looks. What a cutie.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a blast!! I love to read about your baby bump and everything that comes with it!! =)

DA pages said...

Congrats cami! It looks like you guys had such a fun time! It is soo when you have the whole family together. By they way you and candice are looking great!

Melly Mel said...

Denver sounded like so much fun! I would love to have a massage therapist in our family. You guys are such a cute family.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-digital-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Ashlie said...

Dang fun trip! Your black/white skirt is super cute too. Love it. Those pictures are adorable when the two kids are holding hands....

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

Looks like a fun trip! Your hair is long again!!! So pretty. Denver looks like a fun place. Can't wait for this weekend!