Friday, October 26, 2007

Spin Spin Spin

So, my very dear friend, Melis inspired me to try a new class at the gym... spinning! I have wanted to do this class forever, but have been way too nervous. I guess when it comes to trying a new class, it usually takes me a while to build up the courage to go. I am so affriad of looking like the biggest idiot. And especially when it comes to cardio beacuse, my endurance level is pretty much "next to nothing". But I did it, and it was awesome!
First of all, the class instructor was way too cool! He was an older man, with a gut and all. We listened to alot of oldie music, yes, this included alot of Elvis. He also pulled out a few interesting songs: The Mocerana (sp?), that a few people actually started dancing to and a U2 song he called the goosbumps song, because he actually gets the goosebumps when he listens to it. Wait, this gets better, at the very end... he played a song that we spun along with the beat. It started out really slow, and then got extra fast at the end (this was a major killer)... and as we got faster and faster, he would blow a train whistle! Yes, a train whistle!

It was hilarious. He really kept me entertained through out the workout. I loved this class and have already scheduled daycare time during it next week so that I can continue to attend. Thanks Melis for the courage and inspiration!

Anyone who has not yet tried it out... get out and do it, It was so fun and gives a great variety to the everyday workout.

7 comments:

Michele said...

You have always been so good at being healthy and fit! Its inspiring. Maybe after the baby I will need you to inspire me more to get in shape! Way to go McCall!

Unknown said...

I love Spin class. It is one of my favorites. I hate cardio..so it's a good way to make cardio pretty fun :) I have tried making it twice a week to my spin class. I'm glad to hear you like it! And yes..the better the instructor is the better the class is.

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

Sounds like a challenge! I'll do it this week! I just got a babysitter that comes everyday to my house while I go workout. It is the best thing ever!!!!!!

DA pages said...

That is awesome that you are in a spin class! I have always wanted to try it, but I have always been such a wuss (is that how you spell it?). Maybe I should try it somtime. I am not very good at using my gym pass.

Jessica said...

I love spin too. Although I am not sure I would be excited if my instructor was a tub o choy. I like to think that I am getting skinnier as I cycle. Not that I am going to stay the same...like the instructor. FUNNY.

Melly Mel said...

McCall! I'm impressed! I'm so glad you tried it out and liked it! It sounds like your instructor is rad! I think I'll get a train whistle for my classes! Good idea. Maybe when I move to Utah you can come to my classes! That would be so fun! January!!! I can't wait. We can spin together. I miss Utah already!

Heidi said...

I have been wanting to try this class forever but my old gym didn't offer it and now I am not a member anywhere. Someday!!