Wednesday, October 24, 2007

10 Things I Love About October

I love the month of October. If anyone feels differently than me, read my list - hopefully I will bring a few smiles to your face and you will see the happiness in this time of year!

1. Beautiful fall leaves. The mountains are incredible. I love driving to Heber to visit my parents. Provo Canyon is breath taking!

2. My wedding anniversary... October 18, 2003 !!! Congratulations to me. 4 years - and many more to come.

3. Fall scented candles. What would fall be with out the scent of candles in my home?

4. The crisp air. Getting out for a walk, a run, and yes rollerblading (i know it is so 90's but i still do it) feels so so so good. Its not too hot but not too cold, you still pick up a sweat but it actually feels good when the cold air hits it.

5. The unpredictable Utah weather. I love being able to wear t-shirts one day and big coats the next. Weird?

6. Halloween Candy. This is a love / hate relationship. I am a candy addict. Just ask anyone who has been to my house this month... It is everywhere! I can't help but buy it at the store, but I hate myslef everytime I take that 5th handful for the day!

7. The fact that Christmas is right around the corner! Christmas is by far my most favorite time of year. Everyone is so happy, and therefore I am always happy.

8. General Conference. This month was incredible. I love the spirit I feel, and the lessons that I am left with. We are so blessed to have living prophets, I love their wisdom and knowledge.

9. Baking delicious cookies! It is so much more fun to bake something new when it is cold outside. I love trying new recipies... even when my husband says its "not his favorite", meaning... that was pretty nasty! ha ha

10. The first snow fall. Usually the first snow fall comes sometime in the month of October. I love it! I love the beginning of winter: drinking hot chocolate, dressing warm, staying home all day in cozy sweats and watching movies... its all so comforting to me!

6 comments:

Heidi said...

I completely agree I think October is the best! And I have to live somewhere with seasons bceause it makes all the difference. One year I lived in Texas during the fall and it was the pits!

Steph said...

I love your top 10! This time of year is sooo fun. I love the pictures of the "nows"...too cute!!

Melly Mel said...

I have to attest - your home smelled delish! Your candles were so yummy! The mountains are gorgeous. You live in such a beautiful home and area. You are so cute with this post. Also, I still think you should have taken a picture of those adorable cupcakes you made for your friends since they were Octoberish!.

Happy Anniversary again and again and to many more! xoxo

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

My favorite are the scented candles and the crisp air when you work out!

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

Have you played my tic tac toe game?

Amanda said...

I too love sweater weather and I'm grateful for the changing leaves here in England. There aren't too many, but I get excited when I see a tree with bright red leaves. I need to go find a good candle to make it feel more like home and the holidays!