Thursday, July 12, 2007

Goodbye Gym... Hello Provo Canyon



Jackson has recently hit his "stranger anxiety" stage. Since he was born I have been taking him to my Gym daycare so that I can get my workout in during the day. Unfortenately the past few weeks have not been going to well. He crys as soon as we pull up to the building (knowning exactly what is going to happen) and then crys pretty much the whole time I am gone. So, I have decided to take a break from the gym and have headed out into nature to get my workout. I have found a great trail that goes up provo canyon. It follows along the Provo River and is always full of bikers, walkers, runners, moms with babies, roller bladers, you name it! The past couple times I have pulled out my roller blades and challenged myself to the never ending uphill climb and the terrible head winds. Even though I always feel like I am going to die by the time I finish, I love doing it. And thank goodness the canyon is so beautiful, and gives me something to look at and enjoy as I go along.

5 comments:

Heidi said...

So are you taking Jackson with you then?

I love than canyon, good memories

McCall said...

yes, jackson comes along in his stoller. he loves it.

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

The Provo Canyon would be such a hard work out, good idea...I can't believe he cries when you pull up to the building. Kids are so smart!

Grace Ryan said...

what a good idea! I'm thinking of doing the same here in Southern CA since I can't go to the gym anymore. I hope it works out for you. Does Jackson like his stroller? Mine doesn't.

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!