Sunday, May 15, 2011

72-Hour Kits

I have been on an emergency preparedness kick for a couple months now. Scott would most likely describe it more like... PARANOIA! Ha ha. Anyway you put it... we will be prepared when/if anything happens. And when/if anything happens... he won't be making fun of me then - he will be praising me!

So I put together a FHE night with some friends and we put together our 72-Hour Kits. I assigned each family a certain food item to bring, and then we laid it all out and assembled our packs.




It was great to get together and exchange information that we have all looked at.

I also have done my best to keep my kids involved. They have watched me put everything together, they know what is in their kits, and they know that the kits are for emergency's. Next up: develop a step by step plan for our family. I think Jackson is old enough to understand all of this - and although I get worried that he will freak out by what "could" happen someday, I hope that, like me, he will feel confident knowing that we are prepared for the worst.

4 comments:

Jessie and Taylor Miller said...

too bad that you didn't do that when you lived out here bc we are NOT prepared! very impressed, what a great fhe idea.
also- pretty sure one of the guys that came was in my freshman ward at byu.

liz said...

what a great idea! i need to do something like this.. i am awful at emergency preparedness and food storage.. what all did you put in the kits?

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

You have been busy! I need to do that too. So prepared McCall!

love your new header. I have been staring at it and smiling. You guys are the cutest. miss ya!

Pepper Lovin! said...

Hey Mccall,

Its Rachel Jennas Friends from AZ (Jeans:) Anyway, I just read this book called one second after. And I totally understand the kick. have scott read it then he won't be making fun. What a great Idea. You look great. sorry to blogstock you!