Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Halloween

Halloween was a so much fun this year. It felt like we were going from one thing to the next...

Wednesday a bunch of the wives and kids got together for a halloween party. The kids ran around in their costumes, and us girls enjoyed some good conversation.

We borrowed this fish costume from one of our friends out here, and Clara loved it. Once she tried it on, she did not want to take it off. I was dying when I found her watching TV in her costume, and wearing Jacksons spiderman mask.
Thursday we carved pumpkins. The kids started out extra excited. But once they saw what was inside, they were not about to dig in. So it was up to Scott and I -- which I am totally OK with.
But by the time we carved the faces, they were back. And loved helping us think of the scariest things we could do.
And what would carving pumpkins be without cooking the pumpkin seeds. Yum.
Friday Jackson had his School Parade. It was really cute... and he came home with extreme amounts of candy!

Later that night we had our ward Halloween Party.

This is Clara with cute little puppy dog Peyton.
Jackson found a friend. His name was 'Iron Man'. All night they were running around calling each other Iron Man and Wolverine, when we finally realized it was because they didn't know each others first names. We had them take off their masks and introduce themselves to each other. It was funny.
The guys during the Trunk or Treat.
Us.
Of course we had a chili cook off. I found a new recipe that looked good. Made a couple changes. Put it into my pumpkin (thank you Cami for the idea), and much to my surprise.... I won first place in the cook off!!!
This was Saturday. We went over to our clubhouse for some treats and character drawings. I need to post a picture of our drawings that we had done... they turned out really cute.

Later that night we hung out with friends and had a very mellow halloween party.
Sunday we woke up a little late, exhausted from all the festivities... but I still managed to make some delicious pumpkin pancakes and cider syrup. We headed off to church. Came home and enjoyed some lounging around the house... only to pack up and head off to some friends for dinner. Thank goodness the house we went to was filled with boys for Jackson to run around with... he never noticed the mass amounts of kids on the streets trick-or-treating door to door.

2 comments:

Kasie said...

You did have one busy Halloween week!! And again... I LOVED your CHILI!!! I need to get that recipe and the changes you made to it from you!!! Payton even enjoyed it!!!!

Great picture of Clara and Payton!!!!

R Family said...

Ummmm, who said that Scott could resurrect the Scary Gorilla Mask? I had some serious flashbacks the minute I saw it, ha ha. Your kids looked so cute, what a fun Halloween.