Scott was just accepted to a school in Boston... TUFTS UNIVERISTY!!!
We are so excited for all this good news we have recieved. We have been living on our knees in prayer - so we are feeling sooooo blessed!
BUT, now we have a huge choice to make.
Southern California OR Boston
??????
Please share YOUR pro's and con's of these locations. I have my own, but I feel like everytime I talk to someone my "opinions" start to change a little... which is a good thing. I feel like I need to be open to both locations in order to really feel confident with whatever choice we feel is right.
Love you all, and thanks in advance for sharing!
How to be an Answer to Prayer
1 year ago
11 comments:
Boston. Better place. The east coast rocks.
I think the East Coast would be a great experience, plus it is close to so so many neat things and places to visit. On the other hand, living closer to family is kind of a biggie too. Ben was supposed to interview at Tufts for residency but then he could not make his flight because of snow. Anyway, good luck with your decision!
heidi - crazy, because... scott made his interview just before a huge snow storm hit, but had a hard time getting back.
Cali is great because of warm weather and closer to family, but with boston you can talk funny! and say things like bwoston. Plus you really are close to a lot of cool things. I guess you are just going to have to get on your knees some more!
I have been thinking about this all day. I feel like Boston would be such a great experience with the culture and living on the east coast. I feel that you will get a coastal location with the navy. BUT apart of me want you guys to be closer.
I know nothing about Boston, but Brady's cousin lives there and she LOVES it. She went for school and is now in the process of buying a home and staying. I'll see if she has time to email you about Boston.
I say Go With The Bigger Adventure. You won't regret it.
I sent her the email. If I hear back I'll let you know.
These are some we came up with for Western U when we got accepted their last year and had to choose between USC and Western U.
Pros...California, tuition, disneyland, beach, close to family, so many fun things to do in LA...tv show tapings(idol, ellen, sytycd, leno), new facilities, and many more.
Cons...new school, guinea pig, curriculum changes, classes with DO & podiatry students (lots of students in a lecture)
I would pick Western U just since you would be close to me! I go to Rancho Cucamonga all the time to go to Tai Pan and Victoria Gardens ( a cute outdoor shopping center) Email me or call me if you want to talk more about it. I also have a friend in DO school at Western U. Good luck deciding!
My parents went on a vacation to Boston a year or so ago. They mentioned that there are hardly any kids. They never saw a park, or any kind of kid-fun stuff. I am sure there are things to do and kids, but I think you would have more 'fun in the sun' in Cali.
We loved our time in So Cal. For me it was all about the weather. I could go for a run or take the kids to the park year round. We got season passes to Disneyland and spent a lot of time there, and at the beach. Boston is neat because of the seasonal beauty and historical sites. I have never lived there so I can't give that sort of opinion. Tough choice. I would definitely look into the cost of living as well. Good luck
You know what I think for selfish reasons. What school is better or has a better reputation? I don't know, but I know you'll make the right decision. good luck!
Post a Comment