Thursday, February 25, 2010

Thank you peanut butter.

Last night I had a wax party... it started off at my friend Mykelle's house that lives just a few doors down. My wax pot has two sides to it... I put my hard wax in one side and the soft wax in the other. For the face I only use the hard wax. I figured I could heat up the hard wax at home and then once I got there it would be warm and ready to go.

I walked over, went upstairs and set all my stuff down. I very quickly noticed my wax pot was sticky -- my soft wax side was ON and had somehow spilled on my way over. Not only was the pot sticky... my jacket... my pants... and MY HAIR! Forget the clothes... but my hair!?! I tried not to panic, and I just pulled it back into a bun and figured I would take care of it later.

Later that night - once all the waxings were complete - I immediatley went to work on my hair.

I used every bit of wax remover I had on hand. Nothing.

I used oil. Nothing.

I washed with shampoo and conditioner over and over and over again. Nothing.

I used HOT HOT HOT water, hoping to melt the wax. Nothing.

I remembered my mom once told me if I ever spilled wax on the floor, I could use a brown paper bag and iron the wax up. So I had Scott try to iron the wax out of my hair. This worked a little.

I was getting hopeless.

Almost in tears.

Wondering what I was going to tell my hair dresser.

My last thought was peanut butter. My mom used this on my hair when I would go to bed with gum at night, and of course the gum would end up in my hair. HALLELUJAH!!!!!! It worked. It disolved the wax right out of my hair.

THANK YOU MOM FOR TEACHING ME SOME VERY IMPORTANT YET RANDOM TECHNIQUES THAT I NEVER IMAGINED I WOULD BE USING LAST NIGHT.

THANK YOU BRAIN FOR ACTUALLY REMEMBERING SOMETHING.

THANK YOU PEANUT BUTTER FOR SAVING MY HAIR.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a funny wax story that my cousin sent me in an email. I will post it to my blog. Go read it!!

DA pages said...

OH NO! That sucks! I'm so glad you got it out! It is great to know that I can use pb in an emergency like that!

Mckensie Assmus said...

I totally know how that goes my wax spilled everywhere and I had to throw my wax pot away there went 100 bucks. stupid wax!!