Monday, March 16, 2009

Sharing "Fit-Tricks"

Summer is just around the corner... HOO-RAY!!!!

This time of year comes, and I always get the bug to be more healthy and in shape. Not just because it's time to take the layers off... but because the sun is shining and it's finally warm enough to get out and be ACTIVE.

So... I have decided to do a "Fit-Trick" post. Here is what got me thinking:

My problem:

CRAVINGS!!! I am sure a lot of you do too. Mine is for SUGAR SUGAR SUGAR.

What is my trick?

Crystal Light. I buy the small packs of crystal light and first thing in the morning I get a big glass of water with ice, and put a small amount of crystal light into my water. I keep the amount extra small, just to give the water a nice sweet taste. And although it only has 5 calories per serving, it does have aspartame in it, so you want to be cautious with your amounts you consume. But for me, this works. Especially at night, when I get my late night Snack Attacks.

So now that I have created this post... I would love if all of you create one too! You can post a message on my post about what works for you, or do your own on your blog. You might find something new that helps give you that kick for summer!

5 comments:

The Roe Family said...

My big problem is, is no matter what time it is I want something sweet. Like for breakfast a big fat piece of cake would do just fine. So for me I can't eat anything with sugar in it til after lunch atleast otherwise I would crave and eat sweets all day long. P.S. Some of my friends and I are doing weight watchers and it's great and it helps to have a support team too.

The Stevens said...

First, McCall, where in the world are you trying to shed pounds from??? You have no extra pounds on you!!! You really are so very very skinny!!!!! If you were to shed more pounds you would cease to exist or you would exist but look like a bean pole!!! I on the other had have no fit tricks because nothing works!!! Really I am not kidding you, I was only eating 1300 calories a day and exercising and still loosing weight so slowly. I think there is something wrong with my metabolism or thyroid or something. I am way more Richards than you but come on 1300 cal a day and exercising? Something is so not right there!!!!

DA pages said...

McCall this is a great idea! I have ALWAYS struggled with weight my whole life, even when I was really active in highschool! I too have the sweet cravings! One trick I like is to keep blueberries as a snack with me. Blueberries are super high in antioxidants and boost your metablolism. They are also very low in sugar too because they are a berry!

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

My fit tricks...
chocolate yogurt (stonyfield)with cottage cheese

weight watchers fudge bars

Red Mango or pinkberry. 80calories per cup.

I suck on tootsie pops when I have cravings. It will last me a while and it has a tootsie surprise. 50 calories.

Unknown said...

I usually stick with Milk (2% or higher), Real Butter (Sometimes i freeze it and make butter pops), Nacho Cheese and Cinnamon Bears. When I feel naughty I cheat and eat straight Crisco....cause that's how I roll.

(This is my first attempt at commenting on a blog...Jaime is at a Church thing and I'm trying to find anything to do but watch American Idol)