Monday, April 21, 2008

A Day At The Zoo...

My dear Grandma Rose has spent the last 10 days caring for a 2 year old. For those of you that have had a 2 year old, you know that the twos are not an easy stage. She has been chasing her all around and I sure that once little Sophia is back home with her mommy, my Grandma will spend the next couple weeks in bed recovering!

We decided to get all the little Grandkids together and go to The Zoo. My sister Candice came and walked the whole zoo... her poor swollen feet (she is preg and due in 5 weeks), my cousin Nikki came and brought her little boy Marshall, and she is also due with a little boy in October. And my sis-in-law Jaime came with her 3 sweet girls. And then of course my Grandma Rose brought my little cousin Sophia. Sadly, we didn't think until after we had already walked the whole thing, we should have brought Sophia with us and left my Grandma to relax at home. Geez - what great grandkids we are...?

Grandma Rose with Jack and Sophia.
Jack loving the penguins.
Mommy and Jack loving the Giraffes.
This is Jack about half way through the day. I think he was a little worn out.
All the cousins and the kids.
It is fun to be pregnant with family at the same time. It's all we seemed to talk about the whole time. Abbie, Lillie and Jack playing in the lions head. Ahhhh.... don't get your head chopped off!Jack loved The Zoo. I had told him the night before that we were going to The Zoo the next day. Normally, when he wakes up in the morning he just about wears out his voice, yelling "Mommmy! Daddy!"... but the morning of The Zoo he woke up yelling, "I want to go to The Zoo!" over and over again. It was hilarious. I think I might have to get a pass this year so that we can go whenever - I know he would love it.

5 comments:

Nikki said...

Cute pics! I didn't know you called Grandma "Rose" I always thought she was Grandma Marshall? If you get a pass you have to invite us sometimes, it was way fun!

Alifinale said...

That looks like fun times. I have only taken Emery to the Zoo once. Some mom I am. You are too cute pregnant, you can hardly tell.

Lindsey said...

McCall...
I came across your blog. It was so fun to see your family and everyone. So exciting to see that you are having another little baby.
Good Luck with everything!

Amanda said...

Oh, I love the zoo! I miss it so much! Your grandma is a trooper.

Steph said...

How fun! I love the zoo. Where is this little baby bump you're hiding? You're adorable.