Thursday, April 17, 2008

Just The Girls...

This past weekend, I took a much needed vacation to Hunington Beach, California. All of us girls in Scotts family met up and crashed at Kristens new place by the beach. First let me tell you how incredibly lucky this girl is ... Kristens husband Garrett just got a new job outside of Hunington with LymaBean (for those of you that are college students - check it out - it's awesome). They found a great little place just one block from the beach!!! It is absolutely beautiful. I think we all spent about half our time imagining what it would be like if we had a place there! Jaime brought her sweet little Lucy (just 2 months old), and really for all of you moms wishing you had the best baby out there - be jealous - because Jaime has her! Jenna brought her "big" baby Davis. He is about 8 months and weighs about the same as Jackson - he is his Daddy's boy! Scott was so nice to let me have a child free weekend. It was so nice to relax and have nothing to worry about! A little weird at times, I am so used to having my little side kick with me at all times, but a much deserved break from being a mommy round the clock!
We did a lot of walking, shopping and eating! The weather was gorgeous... it felt so good to be out in the sun and get some color!
Kristen has the cutest little dog, his name is Duke. They have a dog beach not far from her house, so Sunday morning we took a walk and let him mingle with his fellow friends. We put our toes in the water and wow! it was FREEZING! Hopefully by the time we are back out in June it will have warmed up a bit. But, I think we will take wet-suits just in case.
Davis is such a stud. He looks so much like his dad I can't believe it. I can't wait for him to grow up and beable to play with his cousin Jackson!
This picture was taken on Balboa Island. It is the cutest little Island with gorgeous homes all facing the water. We all decided it was one of our favorite things we did and wished we could have spent more time there.

Thanks girls for such a fun weekend! I can't wait for June to be here so we can all be out there again!

9 comments:

Katie Dunn said...

Looks like so much fun...Nothing better than a litle girl time...Gosh i miss that place!!!

Amanda said...

WOW! I would LOVE to be somewhere warm right now! Looks like fun.

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

We had so much fun! Can't wait to see you again in Utah! You look amazing...I'm sending you a picture of my swollen foot.

The Stevens said...

SOOOOOOO JEALOUS!!!!! How fun!! I think we sisters need to do something like that after the new babes are old enough. You look so great!!!!! Again so jealous!!!

Heidi said...

McCall you look great! I have to say I wish I had your skinny hips and legs to go with my baby bump! Sounds like a super fun weekend. I knd of knew Dennis in college and I have to say his baby is his identical twin- hilarious!

Roberts Fam'ly said...

It looks like a lot of fun! I would love a vacation right now. I'm sorry I never responded about Candice's shower. I asked my mom and she is supposed to call your mom, but if she forgets tell your mom to contact her. I am in Vegas or I would either come or help out. When is she due?

Jessica said...

Fun. Much needed vacation. I am totally jealous. I would love to get away.

DA pages said...

So fun! where is Hunnington beach? It looks like you guys had a blast!

Quinn & Dani Gooch said...

You look so gorgeous pregnant! You are so skinny!! I am so glad you had so much fun.