Sunday, January 27, 2008

Due to a recent comment...

I received an "anonymous" comment on my last posting. The person was refering to my recent video of Jacks with the dog, this is what they said:

Anonymous said...
Do you think it's a very good idea to let your baby put his hands IN the dog's mouth and let the dog lick him? Gross...and very unclean.
January 26, 2008 1:12 PM

I have to comment on this. I found it very interesting. No, I am not about to tell you that a dogs mouth is cleaner than a humans. That is in fact a myth, but I will tell you what I do know about the mouths of dogs.

Although the mouth of a typical dog is full of bacteria, it's "species specific." So, if a dog were to lick a person, most of the germs wouldn't transfer. "Bottom line -- you're more likely to get a serious illness from kissing a person than kissing a dog."

I think Jackson is just fine. Thanks for your awesome advice - but you might want to check your research first.

5 comments:

Alifinale said...

The person stayed anonymous because they are too lame to say who they are. People who are unfamiliar with dogs and don't have dogs don't understand the relationship those of us who like dogs have. Glad you stood up for that one.

{owens} said...

Hey McCall, we have a dog too, and our nephew is alwasy getting kisses from her. She sometimes aims just right to get right inside of his little 9 month old mouth. He's just fine and they have a great relationship. I'm on your side. Congrats on # 2. Keep us updated.

Lindsay Taft said...

Ha, ha - way to put someone in their place, that's awesome!

Ashlie said...

No way. That is too funny. I'm sure Jack will make it through. That is awesome though. Sasha kisses Pyper all day long because she always has some sort of food remnants on her somewhere. hehe. Is that your dog?
P.S. I loved the movie:)

DA pages said...

When Aiden was first born sue was really concerned about thier dog being around him, but infact the doc said that the dog was a hundred times more safer than humans and that he should stay away from people as much as possible, and that other children would do more damage than a dog.