Is anyone else really feeling the winter blues? I feel like this has been the most depressing winter I have ever experienced. I am not sure if I am feeling more depressed because:
a. I am pregnant
b. I have a 2 year old that NEEDS to get out of the house but can't because of the freezing temperatures.
c. I was without a car for 6 weeks - and will be yet again while the dealership struggles to get things right!
d. I am without my own home... (although a home has been found, we are just waiting for funds to process)
e. I am pregnant, wait did I mention that one already... well... it counts as 2 anways.
It has been a difficult month (just ask my husband). The freezing weather and the never ending snow has really put me into bad moods. Then add a - e ... and it was really been a bad month. I look forward to warm weather, I am anxious for a sunny day to take Jacks for a walk, and I can't wait for the snow to ease up. Febuary 2008 - please bring some decent weather, even 40's would do!
How to be an Answer to Prayer
1 year ago
17 comments:
Sounds like we are feeling a bit of the same this month! You should take a little trip to SG or something to get in somewhat warmer temps. That is what I want to do right about now. Except that it's too far of a drive from Reno...
This new house- are you guys buying or renting? What city is the house in?
I think Mr. Sun is hanging out here in CA. Well, sort of...we've had a lot of rain these months. More than usual. So I totally believe you when you say that the winter seems eternal in Utah. And you have very valid reasons! :-)
raquel
Or take a trip down to Vegas...you can stay with us it is supposed to be in the 60's this weekend. I totally hear ya though (I mean back when I lived in frigid temps) - I hate the Jan blues. But at least you have Valentines day to look forward too, Jackson's birthday, and spring will be around the corner.
I know exactly how you feel-minus the pregnant thing. Winters are sooo hard, and I am realizing it much more this year because I am home all day, and with a kid-YUCK! I need to get out. HEck, we both need to get out. (I guess you coudl even say all 3 of us need to get out-the dog too:)>
Hey, I hear you. Michigan is gray and nasty from about November to April. I am also struggling with the winter blues. Congrats on your pregnancy though, that's something to be happy about! It's always fun to read your blog. Good luck with the long winter months.
you found a house??? where? im so excited for you. i feel you on the pregnancy thing, it can be a real bummer, but you get something so beautiful out of it all! speaking of, you need to come meet boston, he could be cute enough to inspire you to last the remainder of your pregnancy! how far along are you now?
Oh, I soooo hear you on this winter being miserable - what is up w/ snow pretty much every other day this past month?!! Tyson and I have been teasing eachother every day on whether we made the right decision leaving Cali! Good luck w/ this ickie part of the pregnancy and also being w/o a car (that really sucks, hopefully the car problems don't last too long...). Congrats on the house - where is it?
PS My mom and dad live in Lehi; we should get together the next time I come down to see them.
I was ready for winter to be over with when it started. I too just get so depressed starting around Jan, because we don't really have even any eventful hollidays to look forward to.
Been there done that! I hated the winters in Utah. You feel like a little hermit sitting inside of your house all day! Hey at least you have Jaime to hang out with. It is better when you have some real adult interaction throughout the day. Hey, aren't you roomin' with Brad and Jaime now? That's what I heard from my sis in law. I think that would be great since they have the whole basement done now!
Hey McCall, congreats again on the pregnancy. Don't worry, summer is just around the corner. I'm on your side. Winter is way depressing and I'm not even pregnant!
Hey, haven't heard from you in awhile. How's it going? Are you feeling well (aside from the winter blues)? When do you find out what you're having? Does Candice know yet? I heard they moved up her due date, that's always good news!
I'm so sorry you have the blues! Come visit me down in AZ.
Hey I SWEAR I saw a picture of scott in a lab coat at the UDA (dental convention) It looked exactly like him!
I so feel your pain! As I was reading I wanted to copy and paste on my blog! I am glad you wrote this... I was starting to think I was going crazy!
get outa there. come to vegas or lets meet in george. its so nice here. thanks for the fun stuff, i needed everything
Maybe you guys should take a little road trip to St. George for the weekend-that always helped with my winter blues when I lived there. Plus it was nice staying in a hotel and not having to look at the laundry that I had in the hamper..just time to relax. :)
Im sorry about the weather. One way to get around it is to come out here and visit us. It is a nice 70 to 75 out here!! Can't wait to see you guys for Lucy's blessings.
Post a Comment